- To be the preeminent provider of superior construction services by consistently improving the quality of our product;
- To add value for clients through innovation, foresight, integrity, and aggressive performance;
- To perform for our customers the highest level of quality construction services at fair and market competitive prices;
- To ensure the longevity of our company through repeat and referral business achieved by customer satisfaction in all areas including timeliness, attention to detail, and service-minded attitudes;
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, to serve with character and purpose that brings honor to God.
CORE BELIEFS AND VALUES
Integrity: We conduct all business with the highest standards of honesty and fairness; we can be trusted.
Enjoyment: We believe work should be fun and intrinsically satisfying; if we are not enjoying ourselves, we are doing something wrong.
Uniqueness: We must be different from, and more progressive than, all other heavy civil construction companies.
TAKING HEAVY CONSTRUCTION TO A HIGHER LEVEL
In 1968, Rickey Lee Widener was a fresh-faced, young sailor looking forward to completing his duty to his country and returning home to resume life with his lovely Bride, Barbara. His plan was to open his own Heavy Civil Construction company, which would accomplish two things: provide for his family, and allow him to spend his workdays doing something he loved! Unfortunately, his dream was put on hold just two months before he was scheduled to return home. When Tan Son Nhat Air Base was attacked during the Tet Offensive, Rick was working on a P2V Neptune when everyone was alerted to take cover. No sooner than the announcement was made, Rick heard loud gunfire followed by a sharp "ping" sound. He had been hit in the head by a piece of aircraft cowling. Rehabilitation from the injuries sustained have been life-long, but through perseverance and sheer willpower, Rick was able to realize his dream of owning and operating Sedona Contracting, Inc.
After years of working his way up the ladder in companies such as Morrison-Knudson, Kiewitt Construction, and Meadow Valley Contractors in every capacity from Laborer to Operator, he eventually earned several Estimating and Management positions. Rick is thrilled to have been operating Sedona Contracting since June 2009. To date, we have been proud to participate in the Little Bear Fire Rehabilitation Effort, as well as having been subcontracted on the IBCT Tank Trails and several other County and Village projects. Sedona Contracting continues to build it's reputation on a foundation of sound work ethic, ambition, and persistence, with an emphasis on customer service and satisfaction.
We deliver on our promises -- with no excuses! Our approach cannot be matched with any other company in the business today.